Getting older often means an increased awareness of our bodies and common diseases that can occur more often. Here are some common issues in older people:
- Muscle stiffness
- Joint pains or stiffness
- Lack of balance
Also, there are some other conditions that become normal parts of your life. You can minimize these kinds of risks by adopting healthy and active lifestyle habits.
Carefully listen to what your body is telling you and include some essential habits into your daily regimen to improve your life quality and to prevent some of the health issues in the future.
As a senior, it is essential to maintain healthy lifestyle. You can implements it only by making few changes to your present life. Appropriate senior health care not only improves your life’s quality, also it extends length of your life. Keeping your body and mind fit can help to protect and fight against the diseases and also keep existing ailments at bay.
Here are few ways to maintain healthy lifestyle:
- Have regular health checkups – as a senior it is very essential for your health (Screening Tests)
- Stay active as much as you can
- Take a part in fun and rigorous activities like: tennis, golf, water aerobics, or brisk walking
- Increase physical activity
- Consume healthy diet
- Ask your doctor about daily vitamin supplement – it is vital for supplementing your daily food intake
- Consume well-balanced and moderate meals
- Maintain healthy weight – it is essential to avoid chronic diseases such as diabetes
Common senior health disorders:
Aging is a natural process that occurs both mentally and physically. As a senior, it is your job to make sure that you should provide both your body and brain with regular tune-ups. Research proved that there is a strong relationship between staying bodily active and maintaining a sound mind.
If your body properly utilizes the mind to perform physical activities, then your mind becomes stronger and can decrease the development diseases like Alzheimer’s.
Though age has its toll on the mind and body, you will have various ways to prevent or ease the progression of such diseases. For example, taking suggested dosages of vitamin D and calcium can prevent osteoporosis. Practicing exercise or any other weight bearing activities can decrease the chance of developing osteoporosis.
Tips to live active adult life:
Preventative senior health care is essential for good health and for keeping our body and minds fit as we grow older. Here are few preventative healthcare activities:
- Consume a healthy diet – Foods rich in calcium and fiber, fruits and vegetables play a key role preventing or delaying age related ailments.
- Regular physical activity – everyday, practice non-strenuous exercises to keep bones, heart and other parts work properly.
- Exercise your mind – You can make your mind active by practicing games, learning something new, reading, participating in social activities, and anything that make your brain work.
- Leisure activities – Practice activities that relax your mental and physical aspects.