Feeling depressed from time to time is a natural part of our life. When this despair and emptiness take hold and won’t go away, then it is called as depression.
But you will get a question that how to identify whether you are under depression or not. Here are few signs and symptoms, and when they won’t go away you may be suffering from clinical depression.
- Not sleeping well or sleeping too much
- Unable to concentrate on any task or find that easy tasks now become difficult
- Feeling hopeless and helpless
- Unable to control negative thoughts, no matter how much you try
- Loss of appetite or simply unable to stop eating
- Feeling more irritable and short-tempered than usual
- Getting thoughts that life is not worth living
Depression treatment is essential for all the above conditions. When you are under depression, you often lose interest in things that you used to enjoy. Depression greatly interferes with your work, family and social life. Along with the above depression symptoms, there are various other symptoms that can be physical, psychological or social.
Physical depression symptoms:
- Slowed movement or speech
- Lack of energy or deep fatigue
- Change in appetite or weight
- Lack of interest in sex
- Severe pains and aches
- Changes in menstrual cycle
- Sleep disturbances
Psychological depression symptoms:
- Prolonged sadness or low mood
- Feeling helplessness or hopelessness
- Feeling of guilt or worthlessness
- Lack of enjoyment
- Low self-esteem
- Difficulty in making decisions
- Feeling worried or anxious
- Feeling irritable or intolerant of others
- Suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming others
- Little interest in doing things or lack of motivation
- Reduced sex drive
- Reduced ability to think, concentrate or make decisions
Social depression symptoms:
- Reduced interests and hobbies
- Unable to perform well at work
- Problems in family life
- Not interested to participate in social activities
- Avoiding contact with friends
There are various centers that can offer effective depression treatment. As depression is the medical disorder of the brain and whenever you exhibit signs of depression, it is advised you to seek depression treatment to resolve the problems.
Search for an expertise depression treatment specialist who can treat all types of depression. He/she should be able to address the issue with virtually every patient who comes into treatment because most are found to be depressed at some level.
Depression treatment often coexists with other diagnoses such as alcoholism, drug abuse, eating disorders, anxiety disorders, trauma, sexual compulsivity, or chronic pain. The major benefit of seeking depression treatment is that they can offer programs that are necessary to treat depression and any coexisting disorder at the same time.
Depression treatment not only involves medications, but also it includes individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Training. Some treatment centers also offer you massage therapy, acupuncture, Somatic Experiencing, yoga, and Zero Balancing to enhance your depression treatment. So, it is essential to search for right depression treatment specialist along with the right depression treatment center.